Boating

Boating

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This and That

Welcome to my blog! I have been toying with starting this thing for a while. I thought it would be a good place to post my favorite stuff, favorite recipes, books I read, TV shows that are worth a good laugh, etc.
So, the first thing I want to talk about is the book "The Shack" by William Young. Great book, great message, but kind of goes against this Catholic raised, turned Lutheran girls learnings. I liked it. I liked how it talked about life being about relationships, but it also goes against the Bible's teachings. I get out of it that basically there isn't hell and damnation, fire and brimstone. Your "devil" and "hell" and eternal damnation is decided not by God or the devil, but by how you treat yourself and your relationship with yourself and your relationships with others. No eye for an eye thing here, God always tries to pull you back to him/her until death. I won't go into it any more in case you all want to read the book.
I love watching Dancing with the Stars and Biggest Loser. I wish they had a DWTS for ordinary people, wouldn't that be fun? Biggest Loser is so inspirational for me. It teaches what I have said all along...just diet won't help lose the weight, it's diet and exercise. Move People!!!! It all starts with a couple of steps.
When my husband and I first got married, in the summer we would open up the windows in the house and turn the MN Twins on the radio, sit outside - and listen to the games. Well, three kids and 8 years of school later, I am finally getting back to listening and watching the games. I can't wait to go to Target Field and watch some outdoor baseball.
Speaking of summer, when will it come? I am so looking forward to 80 degree days and 60 degree nights.
Have a great day you all......I will scrounge up some more of my favorites later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo You Blogger You!!! Looking forward to a little of this and a little of that!

    ReplyDelete